To play, press and hold the enter key. To stop, release the enter key.
WHAT TO PACK FOR KENYA SAFARI
Wild Kenya Safaris suggests "Safari Essentials," a general list of What to Pack for Kenya Safari guidelines to help prepare for your trip. It is useful to carry a handbag with you at all times, for your passport, currency, other valuables, camera and any important items you may need whilst travelling in the vehicle, such as regular or emergency medication.
You can also browse this "idea list" on what to buy created for you here on: Amazon.com
Some items you may pack for Kenya safari include:
1. Shorts and t-shirts or light trousers for the daytime.
2. A pair of good walking shoes.
3. A wide brimmed hat to shade you from the equatorial sun.
4. Plenty of high SPF sun cream.
5. A good pair of binoculars.
6. Long trousers and a lightweight long sleeved shirt for the evening.
7. A light sweater for your early morning and evening game drives as it tends to get a bit chilly.
8. Extra memory cards for your camera and a battery charger with universal adapter. (Kenya generally has 3-pin UK style adapters and the voltage is 240v).
9. A small first aid kit with basics such as iodine, band-aids, antibacterial cream, etc
10. Swimming costumes as some of the lodges and camps may have swimming pools.
11. A book on East African Birds and Wildlife to identify what you see on safari and from your lodge.
12. Good pair of sun glasses as you are on the equator where the sun is direct.
13. A pair of sneakers and sports socks.
14. A pack of antibacterial wipes.
15. A small flashlight.
16. A bottle of drinking water in your hand baggage. It is advised *only* to drink packaged mineral water throughout the country.
17. A small blow-up cushion for cross-country drives.
18. A small supply of pens, pencils and exercise or notebooks are handy to give out to lesser fortunate children during the drives through villages. This small gesture is always appreciated by the children.
19. Toilet roll and carry bag for discarding the non-organic items.
20. A Mosquito repellent and a course of anti-malarial tablets is recommended.
21. A small amount of bubble wrap and some clear mailing tape. This comes in handy to wrap a delicate souvenirs (like a carved giraffe with delicate legs and neck).
22. Simple laundry bags for your dirty clothes.
23. All travel documents (inc. valid passport), immunizations and identification (required upon entry into Kenya). Please do carry
foreign currency for exchange (note: please do not carry US Dollars notes printed before the year 2006, as they are not widely accepted in Kenya). The foreign exchange can be done at the airport.
24. Kenyan visa, mandatory at the time of entry (can also be obtained upon arrival).
25. An inexpensive tri-ban phone, as Kenya's leading telecommunication providers, Safaricom or Airtel, offer prepaid sim- cards to use in your phone, which will enable you obtain a local number. This is always recommended on long journeys.
26. It is highly recommended to leave expensive jewelry and trinkets in your home country and not to carry valuables with you while travelling.
27. All your prescription medicine. While on safari medical care may not be accessible in remote places, it is advisable to obtain travel insurance and sign up at the AMREF Flying Doctors Ambulance service.
We hope this guide on what to pack for Kenya safari is helpful and please do contact us if you need more Information!